Sweet Heavenly Events & Party Hire Pty Ltd
Hire Terms and Conditions
In this document:
(a) The Company means “Sweet Heavenly Events & Party Hire Pty Ltd”
(b) The Hirer means the person(s) who shave signed this document and/or who have hired products from the Hirer for a fee.
- If this document is signed by an individual on behalf of a company, then that person warrants they have the authority to sign this agreement and bind the company and personally guarantee and indemnify the Hirer for all obligations of the Client to the Hirer.
- These terms and conditions apply to all transactions with the Company and shall supersede all written or oral, previous or contemporaneous proposals, negotiations, representations, commitments, agreements, conditions or all other communications between the Company and the Hirer and shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties unless expressly varied in writing by the parties.
- All orders constitute an offer made by the Hirer to the Company to hire the Goods. The Company reserves the right to accept or reject the Hirer’s offer for any reason, including unavailability of the Goods ordered. If the Company chooses to reject the Hirer’s offer, the Company shall inform the Hirer accordingly, in writing.
- Any order placed by the Hirer is deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to review these terms prior to placing an order.
Payment & Bond
- To secure any event date for event styling or Goods to be hired, the Hirer agrees to place a 50% deposit with the Company within 5 days of receiving an quote.
Please note – Goods will not be held without a deposit.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to carefully review any order placed and invoice received. The Company will not take any responsibility for any errors in the order once accepted by you.
- By placing a deposit you represent to the Company that you have reviewed these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- The balance of any deposit payable for prop hires and for event styling is due 14 days prior to the event date.
- The Company only accepts bank transfer, cash payments, and credit/debit cards payments. Bank details can be found on quotations and invoices provided by the Company. All payments made by credit/debit card will incur a 1.5% surcharge. Any other form of payment must be approved by the Company prior to the deposit being paid.
- A security bond of $250.00 must be taken upon placing the order. The security bond may be paid in cash or credit/debit card which will be placed on hold.
- All security deposits will be held by the Company until the return or pickup of all Goods hired.
- If the security deposit is paid to the Company by credit/debit card, the Hirer will allow up to 5 business days from return of the Goods for receipt of the refund of the security deposit.
Inspection of Goods
- The Hirer acknowledges that it is his/her responsibility to inspect all hired Goods at the time of receipt. Failure to do so shall not diminish such responsibility.
- The Hirer acknowledges that the Goods are delivered to them in a clean condition and in good substantial order, repair, and condition. If the Hirer discovers upon receipt of the Goods any damage to the Goods, then the Hirer must immediately notify the Company.
Use of the Goods
- The Hirer must, whilst the Goods are in their possession:
(a) ensure that the Goods remain in a clean condition.
(b) ensure the goods remain in good substantial order, repair and condition.
(c) use the Goods in a proper manner.
(d) not damage the Goods.
(e) properly supervise the Goods.
(f) Properly secure the goods from theft or damage.
- Notwithstanding anything herein contained, the Hirer hereby acknowledges that no warranty or condition expressed or implied is given by the Company as to the condition of the Goods or as to the suitability or fitness of the Goods for any purpose.
Return of the Goods
- The Hirer must ensure that the Goods are returned to the Company in the same condition in which they were delivered to the Hirer, fair wear and tear excepted.
- All cancellations must be given to the Company in writing. No verbal cancellations will be accepted.
- Subject to clause 21 below:
(a) In the event an order is cancelled within 2 weeks of the event date, then the Hirer will forfeit to the Company 100% of the deposit amount paid.
(b) In the event an order is cancelled not more than 4 week and not less than 2 weeks of the event date, then the Hirer will forfeit to the Company 50% of the deposit amount paid.
(c) In the event an order is cancelled more than 4 weeks of the event date, then the Hirer will forfeit to the Company $150 as an administrative charge. This amount will be deducted from the deposit paid.
- Any changes to an order placed may not be made within 4 weeks of the event date. The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to approve a requested change to an order placed within 4 weeks of an event.
- Special provision for COVID-19 Related Cancellations
(a) If an order is cancelled as a result of Covid-19 related government mandated restrictions then your deposit or payment will be held by the Company as a credit to be used for a future event. This credit is valid for a 12-month period from the date of cancellation. The future event booking will be subject to the availability of the Goods and the Company. The Company will not be liable to the Hirer if the credit note cannot be used within the 12-month period.
- All showroom appointments incur a $55.00 incl GST pre-payment appointment fee.
- Should the Hirer proceed with an order during their consultation with the Company, then the appointment fee will be deducted from the order total.
- No refunds will be given for failure to attend a scheduled appointment or failure to proceed with an order during the appointment.
- The appointment fee cannot be transferable between orders.Insurance
- Once Goods have been received by the Client, the Client accepts all responsibilities and liabilities until they have been returned to the Company.
- The Client is responsible in maintaining all appropriate policies of insurance, covering liability, property and casualty insurances in amounts necessary to fully protect the Company and the Goods against all claims, loss or damage.
- The Company is not responsible for any injury that may occur to persons due to any Goods supplied by the Company and the Hirer releases the Company from any claim for loss, injury or damage.
Loss or Damages
- All Goods supplied by the Company shall at all times remain the property of the Company.
- All Goods are supplied to the Hirer on the bases of reasonable use within the advertised context.
- Should any Goods become lost, stolen or damaged when in possession of the Hirer, the Hirer must immediately notify the Company.
- The Hirer agrees to pay for any Goods lost, destroyed, stolen, damaged or not returned to the Company.
- Replacement costs will be paid to the Company based on the current pricing and availability of the items on the market. Should no equivalent item be found by the Company then the Hirer is to reimburse the Company the cost in cash or bank transfer at a cost set by the Company.
- All reimbursements to the Company shall be paid by the Hirer within 48hrs of the drop off of all items and will be subject to late fee/extension fee if overdue.
Linen & Chairs
- The Hirer must take care when using red wine, chewing gum, or candle wax and cigarettes on any linen and chairs as stains may incur a cleaning fee. Any permanent damage will result in a forfeiture of the security bond and additional costs.
- If there are any small imperfections the Company will endeavour to advise the Hirer prior to booking.
- The Goods are not to be left out in damaging weather, rain, wind etc as the Goods are not waterproof.
- Upon completion of hiring all items must be cleaned by the Hirer. NO food scraps or liquids are to be left on items.
- If items are returned unclean, a cleaning fee of min $66.00 will be charged and deducted from the security deposit or charged to the credit card details left as security.
- Please see the specific cleaning conditions:
Cutlery can be placed in a dishwasher and dried directly after placed in containers supplied
Charger plates are to be hand washed ONLY and dried directly after placed in containers supplied
Glassware (including charger plates) that have gold rim, silver rim, black rim and rose gold rim are only to be hand washed and placed back in their containers,
Glassware and plates that have no metallic decorations can be put in a dishwasher.
Napkin Rings cannot be placed in a dishwasher, please wipe any food residue.
Decal attached by the hirer needs to be low adhesive and needs to be removed by the hirer prior to return or a cleaning fee from $66 will be deducted from the bond.
- Cake stands and dessert plates are NOT to be submerged in water and are to be wiped down with a clean cloth. DO NOT use any chemicals.
- All linen returned will be washed by the Company and does not need to be washed by the Hirer.
- If the Company is styling your event, we will take care of the cleaning of all items.
- All Goods are hired out on a 3-day hire basis – typically Friday to Monday.
- The Hirer is to pick up and drop off at Unit 5, 183 McCredie Road, Smithfield NSW 2164. Pick up Friday – 10am – 2pm, return Monday – 10am – 2pm.
- If a public holiday should fall on a Monday the Hirer must return their hired items on the next Tuesday. If a public holiday should fall on a Friday, the Hirer is to pick up their hired items on the prior Thursday.
- Should the Hirer fail to return the products within the allocated time frame a late fee/extension fee of $33.00 per day will be charged. This will be deducted from the security deposit or charged to the credit card details left as security.
- Mid-week hires incur a 25% surcharge on order total.Delivery & Pickup
- Bump in is when the Hirer is ready to receive the items without delay.
- Bump out is when Goods are cleaned and packed up by the Hirer and items are ready to be picked up without delay. Any delays will incur an additional charge.
- Delivery is strictly a “DROP & GO” service at an easily accessible, ground level or in garage premises. Beyond these locations will incur an extra charge. Extra charges may apply if:
- You wish for your items to be taken beyond ground level of a building
- Your event space is more than 20m from where our truck can park or pull up
- If your items need to pass via stairs, elevators, escalators or a steep descent.
- If you require a large quantity of items, a labour fee may be added to cover for staff time taken to load and unload the truck.
- If you require a drop off or pick up outside the hours of 9am-5pm on Fridays and Mondays (e.g. weekends, midnight pick-ups and public holidays etc.)
- The Company’s logistics team DO NOT setup and pack down. Set up and pack down is the responsibility of the Hirer, unless organised with the company in writing prior to the event.
Pickup from Warehouse
- Pickup maybe refused by the company at any time if transport of items is not of satisfactory standard to keep hire items safe from damage.
- Blankets and straps are needed to be provided by the hirer when picking up any products.
- All items need to be returned in the same packaging and boxes as supplied, if not, an additional fee will be incurred.
Prop Hire Rates
- All hire rates are ONLY for the hiring of Goods and not for any other services.
- The Hirer grants the Company consent to the taking of photographs of the event set up and use of the photograms taken without restriction.
- The Hirer consents to the Company’s use of event photos for marketing purposes whether for profit or not and without restriction.